We all tend to look for end-of-year deals on everything, your customers and clients are no different.
Holiday shopping isn’t only about gifts. While we tend to think that holiday sales and promotions only apply to products, there isn’t any reason why they are exclusively for gift-friendly businesses. Typical holiday sale terms can easily be used to offer special promotions, regardless of the business industry. Each year, “Small Business Saturday” is increasing in popularity along with”Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday”.
According to the National Retail Federation, American consumers spend an average of approximately $900 during the holiday shopping season, with nearly six in ten buying gifts for themselves. In 2015, more than half of shoppers splurged on non-gift items for themselves, with one in four holiday shoppers purchasing from small or local retailers.
The Christmas holiday shopping season typically runs from October thru December. Smart marketers know that B2B and service businesses can still host holiday promotions and be apart of this season.
Here are 7 tips to take advantage of holiday promotions for your business:
- Stay top of mind, generate leads and build your mailing list with a gift and special opt-in offers
- Come up with a creative holiday-themed way to demonstrate your services and products
- Host a creative holiday- themed contest or giveaway
- Set up special holiday coupons or sales
- Build pre-sale anticipation by being consistent in your sales or promotions each year
- Treat your customers and clients special by providing VIP early access to sales and promotions
- Create urgency and scarcity by setting time or quantity limits in sale and promotions
The holidays are THE best time to host a sale or promotion and help give an amazing boost to your bottom line before the end of the year. Check out “5 Reasons To Host A Holiday Sale or Promotion” blog post for some great reasons to host a sale or promotion this Christmas Holiday season.
There is definitely a right and a wrong way to host sales and promotions. Need some help with your marketing plan and execution? Contact us for a FREE 30 minute consultation, let’s see how we can help you this Holiday season.